League of IG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of IG

A Forum for the League of IG group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Official Gangplank
Official champion
Official champion
Official Gangplank

How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) Empty
PostSubject: How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)   How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:11 am

Hi, before I begin, I should introduce myself, at least that is what I see all the other guides like this doing. I'm Isaac, My Summoner name is Isaackaz (NA) and I am Gangplank! This guide is not a freelo train. This is not a way that will assure you victory. This guide is me telling you every step I took to get out of S#!ttown ELO ( Right around 1000 last season, to the equivalent of around 1550 this season. Big jump? I would like to say so. Major jump? Not yet;)

So here is where I write why I am writing this guide. It's simple, and half selfish, half helpful. My reason essentially comes in several stages:
1: I hate hearing that Elo Hell exists. I really truly hate hearing all of my friends that are Bronze 4-5 saying that they are there because of feeders and AFK's. While this may be SOMEWHAT true, I'll explain why I disagree with this (aside from the fact that I got out of it.)
2: I want to help those that WANT to be better. I know many of you are good at the game. You are the person that goes 5/0/2 in lane, 18/1/doesn'treallymatter by the end of the game, but you lose. You are good. Fact. You don't know what you are doing TRULY. Fact.
3: I pray that someone that is in my level(Gold 5) Will read this and learn something.
And finally 4: To stop the b!tc#ing of everyone about our toxic community.

So lets start with the easy steps and then go into the "Complicated" Stuff.

Step 1: Learn to (excuse my language here as I will try to keep the swearing to a minimum) GODDAMN LAST HIT.
This. This little tid-bit will stop you from being steam-rolled, Plain and simple. There is nothing worse than a person that has 12 kills but only double that in cs by the 20 minute mark, cause guess what. The other adc probably has more gold if he is keeping up in cs correctly.

THIS IS BIG. IF READ NOTHING ELSE IN THIS SECTION READ THIS:
20 CS equals about 1 kill.
As a general rule of thumb, these numbers will tell you where you should be in CS by the 20 minute mark.
Top:AT LEAST 100. AT LEAST! I try to shoot for right around 150 generally, but sometimes you go against a tough lane and it's a pain.
Jungle: Varies. If you are ganking often AND GETTING KILLS/ GETTING STUFF DONE then you can be fairly low. If you are just sitting in jungle farming cs, then keep up with top. ( I say this nearly impossible task to get you to play ganking oriented junglers.)
MID: Generally go for at least 150 if you are both playing smart and passive. I get that sometimes that can be a pain as well, but play your range right (If you are) and you should cs just fine.
Support: Oh hot damn. If I need to say that you should only CS when you're like 20 gold away from a major item or holding off a tower then you deserve the bronze man. NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A SUPPORT THAT FIGHTS YOU FOR CS. If you are support, forget cs exists. Don't try to pull any CLG shit and help your adc last hit. You ain't a pro and you ain't in chat together.
ADC: Get above 150. Do that and you will win lane and probably the game. Period. Learn how much your auto attacks do without items and learn to LAST hit. LAST HIT. LIKE JUST BEFORE THE CS IS ABOUT TO DIE YOU KILL IT.

I have come back from 15 minute afk ( My wi-fi Died) and won because I did a little trick where you force the enemy to have a massive wave once your tower is down. Once that wave is huge, you let it push you to JUST IN FRONT OF YOUR TIER 2 TOWER. last hit as low as possible and you can hold a wave there for 10 minutes.

STEP 2: Play champs you know. This doesn't mean that you have to be a prick so that you get what you want. This means learn 2-3 champs in EVERY role and be great at them. To use myself as an example, I hate midlane. I hate it so much, but I am really good as Orianna , Zed, and Kennen. I know that if I go into that role, even though I don't like it, I have a few champs to choose from and I can make it work.

Don't play a champ for the first time in ranked. I know the game is for fun and all, but Imagine if you were in your Try-hardest mode and someone fed then told you it was their first time as that champ. You'd be pissed. If you wouldn't want it done to you in your worst moment then don't do it to others

STEP 3: REALIZE THE GOAL OF THE GAME. This game is not "The Most Dangerous Game" ( A fantastic story btw, read it if you get the chance.) I read an article on League once ( I can't recall for the life of me where) that said something I hadn't thought of before. Some games are PvP [CoD], some are PvE [Assassins Creed, Tower defence] But League is a different formula League is [PvE] v [PvE]. Essentially the game is 2 teams with the goal of destroying a nexus. Notice I didn't say champions. The goal is taking the Nexus. Period. So here is the thing. Why do I see bronze players always chasing a kill rather than taking a tower? HERE IS ONE OF THE BIG TIPS

IF YOU CAN TAKE A GODDAMN TOWER OR CHASE FOR A KILL, YOU BETTER TAKE THAT TOWER DAMNIT!

Kill = ~ at 600 AT BEST IF THEY ARE LEGENDARY.
Tower= ~1000 gold for your team and map control. Period. You can win a game with tower kills, not champ kills. Champ kills set you up to take towers.

STEP 4: Don't rage. I have recently gained a small raging problem. You know how I fix this? As soon as a person is mean to another or myself on my team, I mute them. Instantly. I mute the entire enemy team right away. They are not your friends. They are trying to steal the elo you worked hard to get, so don't waste time chatting with the enemy. I'm not saying be a prick, just mute them at the beginning and then unmute them later. No sense wasting 2 seconds to type when you could be LAST HITTING (See how I tied that back to the beginning? Good stuff right here) Raging has never made a person do better. Ever. If you are mad think what you could have done to help that from happening. Which leads me to.....

STEP 5: If you have power, take it to another lane. You are 9/1 Renekton? Then get your Crocodile ass botlane and feed them a kill. Push your lane before you go, but then help get a double kill and a tower. Do that and you are spreading the wealth and possibly gaining some yourself. If you have power and don't share it, you might as well be 0/0. It won't matter.

STEP 6: Be nice and have fun. Forget that it is ranked. I have won so many games because I just stopped caring that It was ranked and then stomp cause I have no pressure. Do these things and you will become better.

Love Isaac <3
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

PostSubject: Re: How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)   How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

that was quite the informative and helpful guide, I learned quite a bit, and the CS count is a good reference tool.
Back to top Go down
https://leagueofig.forumotion.com
Defender Of Tomorrow
Official champion
Official champion
Defender Of Tomorrow

PostSubject: Re: How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)   How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm

I have a few tips that are pretty straight-forward, but you didn't mention them. (Even though it's really simple, a few people might not know)

1: Ward: I see too many people saying they're getting camped as an excuse for doing bad, and they don't even ward after they get back into lane. (Probably cause I'm in Bronze.) Even if you're adc, doesn't mean you can't ward either. Vision control is great, in whatever situation.

2: Know how to take Objectives: It`s good if you know the mid lane is going to take blue, or the enemy team is doing dragon. But, if you don`t know how to react to this, the information you're picking up on is useless.

(Feel free to correct me on anything Razz)
Back to top Go down
Official Gangplank
Official champion
Official champion
Official Gangplank

PostSubject: Re: How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)   How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:43 am

I completely agree Jayce. I am going to do a part two this weekend and I'll be sure to include!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)   How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Get out of Bronze (Fairly long)
Page 1 of 1