League of IG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of IG

A Forum for the League of IG group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying

Go down 
+2
Syndra
Ezreal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm no expert, but I love Roleplaying I think I have done every kind there is, I have Roleplayed Table top, Instant msg, Instagram, Forums, Video games, over chat, acted things out Irl.

If it is Rollable, and playable, I have done it!

I find each form of Roleplay has it's magical perks and its failing Con's and some formats lends itself far better than others. This is just a enlightening review of the kind of Roleplaying you can do here on a Forum, Most of which, is from my own point of view, so that should be kept in mind.

So for starters, let's start with what makes Role playing fun, It's an escape, it's a fun way to meet people who share a common interest (usually) it's a wonderful way to express yourself and relieve your creative mind.

Not everyone will Role play the same, and, well, not every one dose it the same way, there are quite the number of Role playing styles. I'm sure there are official names for them, but as I said, I'm no expert.

Writing styles:

Imagination style:
This one is common on instant messengers, phone apps, I have even seen it on Forums like this. I like this format for it's simplicity, you dont have to write super specificly, it gives the feeling that things are moving quickly in the story, and it is easy enough for most people to do.

Example:
-----------

Ezreal: Time for a true display of skill! *fires a Pulsefire wave at Ahri*

Ahri: ._. *tumbles under the wave and gets up giggling, walks up to Ezreal, and kicks him in a place that may make Reproduction very dificult*

Ezreal: x.x *falls on knees* ow... *falls on face* Marry me!
-----------

Art style:
This style is more common on Forums, I like this Format, it is very acomplishing, but in my opinion harder to get in to. it requires more time, but as a reader, one can enjoy it much more, as it paints a much more vivid picture.
-----------

The Blonde explorer tipped his head back arrogantly before shouting excitedly "Time for a true display of skill!" his left arm hovered over his right one, the ornate gauntlet that covered his right hand glowed a bright blue, energy arching like lightning for the briefest moment. He drew his arm back, as if Notching an arrow on to a bow, and released causing a golden wave of energy to blast forward.

The black haired beauty stood unamused by the display of power Ezreal displayed. In the next moment she tumbled forwards, her nine tals pulling themselves tightly together as if to not get in her way, a confedent giggle escaping her lips as she stood back up. Walking to the now stunned Evreal, hips swaying seductivly while she smirked playfuly at her lover, stopping just infront of him. tipping her head to one side, her expression changed, quickly, and without warning, she brought her knee up in between Ezreals legs, and he dropped to the floor admeediatly.

--------------

As you can see, one moves a story along much faster, and leaves most the details up to imagination, while the other is far more descriptive, I find it better for a more dramatic impact.

Observe, an old RP post I wrote with some one.... dont mind the loads of gramatical errors I have xD

Vinzant found himself in what seemed to be a grave yard, glancing about he could only find slight remnants of the falcon he had been riding, feathers, a wing, one of its legs and its lower beak were spread along the ground. "Hmph..." Was all he could muster to sum up his situation before the ground shook ever so slightly, the stench of the place was far greater than the rotting flesh of the falcon he had rode in on, and a whisping white fog covered the ground.

Again, a slight tremor in the ground only now Vinzant could see a brilliant white light approaching, it only illuminated the figure beside it ever so slightly in the dim light of the yard.

But Vinzant could make out the brilliantly etched gold and teal armor of the Margoth Ripper, the painfully bright sword was enough for him to guess that this was in fact Vernados... quite possibly the strongest Ripper of them all.

"I was hoping to catch the whole coagulation of Scum, so I may cleanse you all in a single motion of my hand to serve HIS will!" Vernados announced upon marching only feet away from the Witch, casting his blade aside as he positioned the Diamond like shield before him.

"And by "his hand, is it Rexous...or Allester" Vinzant questioned, the two warriors remained unhostile for now, both mentally preparing them self for the fight, Vinzant more so than the Ripper.

"Rexous... was a man who could not use the tools he was blessed with!, Allester... He is the one who is worthy of my devotion!, conviction, and might! the one who will send me out to slay his enemys!"

"And what happens when all his foes are slain... you'll be out of a job?" Vinzant slowly drew his mothers blade, and began to call forth a great amount of magical energy, wich would allow him to cast his spells that much faster.

"THERE IS NO TIME WITHOUT CONFLICT!" Vernados shouted defiantly as he raked his blade across his shield, the bright lights danced off of the weapons and on to the ground, a brielf flash allowed the Rippers full imposing body to be briefly seen.

"My master knows this!, there will always be enemies to destroy... after this world, it will be YOUR home land ...Witch King, and who knows?, maybe there are more worlds to conquor after that? it is his hand, and will that guide me, and my hand and will that serve him!, Without question!".

"I'm sure you said that about your last boss at one point" Vinzant slyly responded "Why don't you put that blood lust to good use and bring Allester down yourself? he has far more allies to slaughter than I do".

"A clever attempt to sway my Judgement Vermin!, but I much prefer the smell of burnt Witch than anything else!".

Without warning the Ripper charged forwards, each step caused the ground to shake and despite his size, the Ripper was also fast on his feet! But not fast enough to catch Vinzant so easy. Stepping aside Vinzant evaded the horizontal slash that came at him, turning to face his enemy the Witch would only see the dazzling tornado of light that came towards him as Vernados's blade spiraled at him. Spinning and slashing vertically the Ripper landed and switched his motion, spinning in a horizontal slash, the assault left the Witch stumbling to regain balance as Vinzant didn't wish to strike his blade againsed the Rippers burning one.

The assault, so chaotic Vinzant needed to act fast, and summoned a Telekinetic pulse to get him away from the Ripper, only the spell back fired? when the blast collided with the Ripper he simply set his shield before him and the spell was absorbed and sent right back at Vinzant.

Breaking threw a few f the Grave stones Vinzant recovered slowly, slow enough that Vernados had already charged threw the dusty mist he had left in his wake and threatened to impale the Witch.

I mussent exhaust myself Vinzant rolled to the side That shield wont allow any kind of spell offence, I'll need to disable it, but how? Unable to form a plan with the Relentless assault Vinzant blindly slashed with the long sword, the shield was there to block it once again and the force behind it would drive the Witch back.

He is also incredibly strong!, there is no way I can over throw his attacks! Baring his teeth Vinzant growled as he was bullied back in to another massive Tomb stone, once his back struck the stone the shield was removed and replaced by a wicked slash of the white blade! Having ducked in the nick of time the Tomb stone was completely severed in half.

Fear clung to Vinzants heart as the massive stone slab was easily slashed threw, was there anything that could stop the blade? again tumbling aside the massive stone would land on the Ripper, who would only shrug it off of him.

"I need help" Vinzant murmured as he Threw his hand down to the ground.

Shaking off the Dizziness Vernados bellowed once again "Do you not understand? Any spell you throw at me shall be Banished or thrown right back at you!, you have no trick to fool me with Witch!, you will be BURNED in the flames of this blade!, and your ashes will be sent to my lord so he may consume them!".

Vinzants arm twitched slightly as his shoulder jerked up, as his head did, Vernados would be able to see the magic run down his body, briefly causing his vest to appear red.

But the Ripper soon realised he was not the target of his spell "Hmm? Whats this?" Upon marching forwards the Ripper would fall forwards on to his chest, as hands tore out of the ground to snare him!

Throwing himself back up the Ripper lifted his leg up, and up with it came a prieviously dead minion of Allester "What kind of Witch craft is this!?" Vernados howled unsatisfied with the spell as he ran the blade threw the corpse, only to be attacked by another!

Pulling his hand back to himself Vinzant was impressed his Animation spell was able to work on the dead, smirking at his own handy work he used the precious time he had to devise a way to remove the Rippers shield.

But his time was being cut down fast, as Vernados had no problem cutting down the undead, white blade tearing threw Rotten flesh and bone as if cutting in to the air itself. "I am the Slayer of all!, The scorcher of my masters opposition! I AM VERNADOS!" With a swift arc of his blade Vernados summoned upon his wings to knock aside the undead and fly in to the Witch, the attack had caught Vinzant completely by surprise!

Shit! Vinzant swore his own recklessness as he was carried in to the air, admeediatly he was assaulted in the face by the thick helm of Vernados which knocked his hat off and caused a slice to appear on his cheek bone, which had suffered the brunt of the attack. Immediately inzant slipped the Dagger from his vest and in to the side of the Ripper, right under the thick plating of his chest piece and in to the rubbery leather that gave Vernados his flexibility.

Soon the Witch would find himself in free fall, though what surprised him most of all was the blood on his dagger and hand. It bleeds? he thought as he was soaring at high speeds threw the air, not in to the grave yard, but to a different location, he would be entering the Castle thanks to Vernados, though not in the most graceful ways...

The sound of shattering glass was the only warning one would have should they be in the room Vinzant had fallen in to, the stained glass sky light did little to break his fall, nor did the debris he landed on.

A painful groan later and Vinzant stood up from his position, his head snapping up to see if Vernados had chased him down, for now he saw nothing.

He was in some kind of study, ornamental swords and shields lined the walls as many more bookshelves and tables line the walls and fill the large room. Torches lit the room much better than the grave yard he had just been in. Perhaps it was the magic flames that burned so bright or maybe the fact there was twice as many of them, he had no more time to think, he heard Vernados descend on to the broken glass.

"Submit to your fate Vermin you only prolong your divine execution!" Vernados called, and to his surprise Vinzant revealed himself.

"So, it seems the Witch does have some sence of inevitability!".

wordlessly Vinzant cast his hands out and threw his next Telekinetic spell. Setting his shield before him, The Margoth Ripper awaited the spell, though nothing seemed to happen right away.

And then his shield arm Jerked forwards, then back, the warrior was confused as to what was going on, and he soon saw the pulling motion Vinzant was performing with his hands.

"What are you doing!? this is a mear annoyance!-" Cut off from anything else as a massive cracking sound assaulted the combatants ears, The Shield Vernados held began to crack, the Telekinetic spell was meant to pull at the back of it, so instead of throwing the pulling spell at Vinzant, it would only direct it at itself...pulling it apart from the inside!

Shattering, the Diamond like material flew in every direction like shrapnel from a Grenade Vinzant was able to take cover behind the bookshelves but Vernados's arm suffered the full brunt of it, lining with dents and chunks missing of the armor.

"That was... Incredible!" Vernados remarked "Unbelievable, no one has ever been able to destroy my shield!, the knowledge of this truly impresses me Witch... I will remember your face in agony as I part your head from your shoulders!".

Talks too much, and Cocky Vinzant finally found a weakness he could exploit, though now with his shield out of the way Vinzant would be able to finally land the offence!

Slowly stepping around each other Vinzant slowly drew the long blade from his back he slid his fingers across the edge of the blade. Vernados would pick up on the spell which was placed around the blade.

"You enjoy prolonging the inevitable don't you? Perhaps you savor dieing as I do killing!" The Ripper lunged forwards with his blade, smashing it against Vinzants own which caused a chaotic dance of sparks and flame to erupt between them.

Slipping away Vinzant was pleased to see his blade was still intact, the spell worked flawlessly, diverting the heat from Vernados's blade whenever coming in to contact with his own, though he didn't want to see what happened during a deadlock.

"Hrm" Vernados picked up on this fact, though was not hesitant to strike out again, there vertical downward slash resulted in another flash of flames, the Ripper continued his savage assault, each strike pushing Vinzant back.

His back struck a book shelf, and he immediately tumbled away leaving Vernados to demonstrate his destructive nature yet again as he slashed threw the shelf and books without even a strain of his arm.

The wood and paper was set ablaze and tumbled over while they continued to do battle.

Though with the time given Vinzant was forming his offence, the Witch already had a shard of mettle in his hand from the materials he acquired on his first trip back to his home land , and with it channelled a powerful lightening spell at the Ripper, who managed to catch the energy in his blade.

The banishing flame vanished, as did the lightening Vinzant was hoping to strike him down with. Not wanting to pass up the opening he had gotten Vinzant launched himself at Vernados, his blade greatly out ranged the rippers, keeping a distance he continued to lash out at the Ripper, who was forced back slightly, as he slapped the long blade away from himself.

"Your running out of tricks Witch!" Vernados howled, as if trying to argue the fact he lost the upper hand.

Casting the blade horizontal Vinzant swept his free hand out, a Telekinetic wave forced Vernados's hand aside and continuing the spin Vinzant ran the blade across the Rippers stomach, the blade piercing his glorious armor and again drew blood.

"Urk!?" Stumbling aside Vernados fell backwards in to the shelf of books and caused it to collapse.

But he was down, not dead Vinzant began to approach the Ripper cautiously, blade raised up to his head ready to strike him down. And without warning Vernados sprung to life! even his blade caught fire once more as he slashed at Vinzants undefended body.

"FOOl!" the blade sliced threw Vinzants hip, the Witch stumbled backwards as he patted the flame away from his pants.

"I wont fall to a flesh wound!, I wont fall to a Spell!, I WONT FALL TO YOU!" Slashing again Vinzant was too slow to stop another slash from slicing in to his arm, again he slapped out the flames and stumbled back. "You think your faire tricks will stop you from dieing? I'm Smarter then you Witch!, I'm older!, I'M the cleanse of ALL!" Stabbing his blade at the Witch Vinzant's life was close to becoming claimed, the Ripper now toying with him, the blade pierced his shoulder and Vinzant let out a cry of pain before leaping back as far and as fast as he could.

Before he even had a chance to look up Vernados was dropping his blade down, Vinzant sent his own long blade between himself and the flaming death above.

His magick was fading, the energy he had stored was running empty, the blade was beginning to brn against Vinzants chest do to the heat, and again he cried out.

"Scream... no one can hear you, no one but me" Vernados said in a low tone of voice.

I ...Cant...go out , not ...not without... Vinzants eyes wandered to the torches in the room, the magic flames.

One by one they began to go out as he absorbed there magic to bolster his blades defence, the pain on his face was only straining more as smoke arised from his vest where his blade pressed against it, now cherry red.

"Again? Accept it Vinzant, you lose!" Vernados growled and set his foot on the Witches wounded hip.

Another cry of pain and Vinzant removed the barrier around his blade and sent his wounded arm up at Vernados a powerful wave of energy throwing him aside as if he was a blade of grass in the wind.

"GRAAAAA!" the Ripper crashed in to the wall, now able to see how Vinzant gained his strength he was marching back to the downed Witch. "No more games!" he called, wings bursting from his back all the torches went out from the violent wind that wrenched the study, knocking over all the book shelves in the process.

Scanning the area it was pitch black, Vernados couldn't see a thing, all he saw was the long thin blade's slight glow on the ground, and heard the Witch limping around the room.

"Feh..." Marching forwards Vernados continued blindly in to the darkness "You can run, but you cant hide..." Illuminating his way with the blade Vernados could hear the Witch getting closer... he just couldn't see him.

Finally, a gleam, just a few feet ahead of him, raising his blade up to strike Vinzant down Vernados marched forwards, about to claim victory for his master.

Suddenly thin hands seized the Rippers arm, a moment later Vinzant plunged the dagger in to Vernados's arm. There was no time now, one of the combatant would fall fighting over the Rippers blade the struggle was only a few heart beats long before the victor would emerge, Twisting Vernados's wounded arm Vinzant severed the hands off Vernados before sweeping about to claim his legs before finishing his spin, blade over his head.

By this time Vernados had dropped to the stumps of his legs and the stumps on his arms, still though, he didnt scream out in pain, as if feeling none of it! "I hold no regrets" he said before Vinzant finished his smooth spin and decapitated the Ripper with a shout of rage.

And as the rippers life ended so did the flames on the blade, Vinzant gasped for air before dropping the blade and stumbling back against the wretched book case, running his fingers threw his hair he began to check over his wounds... the battle over, and he was the Victor, a out come neither of them saw coming.

------

Obviously, there is much veration, the imagination style can be more descriptive, and the art form can be less (generally, I see people like, REALY write well, proper punctuation, grammar, yada yada)

Will be expanding this a bit more later on.
Back to top Go down
https://leagueofig.forumotion.com
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:00 pm

If you ever have a hard time Role playing, you may want to consider a few things.

Roleplaying is a group effort, if a role play fails, its usually not just 1 persons fault.

Many times, two people just want different things from a RP, and will try to steer the story in the direction that better suits them. This leaves your RP partners both confused and irritated, everyone needs a general Idea of where the RP should be going. (a reason many people opt for smaller groups to RP in, or opt for a 1v1 RP).

Tips you may consider.

Your characters morals may differ from yours:

Most commonly in Fan RP's you'll worry about this, I may not agree with Orochimaru's views on people, or maybe I'm not a cold hearted jerk like Vergil from DMC 3 but, I decided to role play as them, I'll make jerk like decisions because I am playing there roll.

Your partners may be in a different mood than yours:

Some one may be acting dramatic in a RP scene, if you barge in, feeling silly, wanting to make people laugh, it may not be as well received as you hoped, timing is key!

More to be added:
Back to top Go down
Syndra
Official champion
Official champion
Syndra

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Wow .______. so much work put into this. Ima have to read all of this for you. OwO
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:04 pm

lmao, you dont have to.... Most of that was from a old RP I was in Razz
Back to top Go down
Zed
Official champion
Official champion
Zed

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:37 pm

So now that our great and powerful leader Ez has made this, can we RP on the forums now?! Because this is the one time of day I never have writer's block
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:38 pm

o.o you guys can start role playing whenever Razz don't have to wait on me, but I can start one up for everyone tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
Ashe
Official champion
Official champion
Ashe

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

That text is so long :O mustve put loats of effort xD
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Ashe wrote:
That text is so long :O mustve put loats of effort xD

A lot of it is just an example, it's part of an RP I was in a while ago xD
Back to top Go down
Riven
Official champion
Official champion
Riven

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

Oh my... So much put into this lol. Although I'm going to probably do imagination style in the chatbox and art style in posts. Unless of course the chat box is used for something else than shorter, faster roleplays which I did in my last group. X3
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Riven wrote:
Oh my... So much put into this lol. Although I'm going to probably do imagination style in the chatbox and art style in posts. Unless of course the chat box is used for something else than shorter, faster roleplays which I did in my last group. X3

I think any one who READS all that deserves more credit than myself for writing it XD, I was toying with the Idea of having a area that is quick to RP in (for imagination style) and an other for the Art Razz
Back to top Go down
Orianna
Minion
Minion
Orianna

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 am

Wow Ezreal you are extremely talented at rp'ing and I am amazed at all the effort you put into this, you are truly amazing I wish that I'll be able to write something as extravagant as that some day Smile
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 am

Orianna wrote:
Wow Ezreal you are extremely talented at rp'ing and I am amazed at all the effort you put into this, you are truly amazing I wish that I'll be able to write something as extravagant as that some day Roleplaying Icon_smile

oh shush you xD flattery will gain you nothing *waves hands around*  I have faith that any one can write up to par with anything I write out, I'm usually writing with people who write better than I do, so I attempt to learn off of them xP I still make tons of spelling/gramatical errors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Roleplaying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
League of IG :: Role Playing :: League RP-
Jump to: