League of IG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of IG

A Forum for the League of IG group.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ripples in a Pond

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 am

(I'm posting this because the thread looked so lonely and I literally do nothing all day and wait for someone to RP with xD. Everyone please jump in the setting is a series of kingdoms all grouped in a wide area around a black pit. Think Crystal Scar kinda but HUGE. Anyway noone knows why all of the kingdoms are grouped around the pit [yet Wink] but things are getting very.. tense as alliances and backroom politics are beginning to corrupt and break the balance between the kingdoms. I'll be roleplaying as Tzerck the King and Battle Prince of Myrthril. You'll see the inhabitants of Myrthril have something that sets them apart from the other kingdoms. Let's try to keep the kingdoms to [7?] for now and don't forget we need more than just kings and queens and knights. We need people to represent political advisors and footmen and even citizens Very Happy. I realize this may be a big project but I honestly think you guys can handle it. Don't take it too seriously and lets have some fun Very Happy)

Spread out across Tens of thousands of coliseum seats, the citizens of the Kingdom of Myrthril cheered, jeered and raised a large ruckus as a lone figure draped in a deep green cloack stepped out on to the sands. The Battle Prince of Myrthril, the Death Savant, Tzerck had left his private box to accept the challenge of the latest victor of the Succesion ritual. If Tzerck lost this match he was removed from his throne and killed in front of the citizens. The odds however were heavily in the favor of Tzerck. This was to be his 732nd challenge since the beginning of his reign 400 years ago. He gained new vitality everytime he won a battle and looked exactly as he had at the start of his reign, except perhaps for his eyes which had grown deeper and darker over the years. As Tzerck pushed up his sleeves, the crowd silenced and the challenger stiffened. Tzerck let out an easy smile from under his cowl. 'Already shaking in his boots?' Tzerck thought to himself as he eyed up the armored figure assesing his stance and weaponry, 'I'll have some fun with him.' Tzerck's forearms begin to show just why Tzerck was feared across kingdoms as a fearsome warrior. Thick black lines pulsated from under his skin and eventually grew out to surround his forearms in a thick, shadowy miasma. Looking at the cowl Tzerck was wearing, one could see how far up the miasma traveled as the cloack turned black with its progress. Tzerck allowed it to travel up both of his arms fully before pushing his cowl back and staring into the helmet of his opponent with his piercing eyes. "Well?" he questioned, "Is it not tradition that the challenger gets first attack?" The light goading prompted the warrior into action as he brought forward his own miasma. It barely reached the man's wrists before his legs began to shake from effort. He extended the miasma into a powerful sword and charged Tzerck screaming an old family battle cry. Tzerck lifted a hand and blocked the sword strike with the back of his right hand and allowed his miasma to flow down the length of the sword and over the man's hands. As he heard the man's gasp of realization, Tzerck whispered, "You have brought honor to your family." A slight whimper came from inside the helmet as the man realized what this meant. Immeidiatly, Tzerck's miasma enveloped the body of armor and slight creaks came from the pressure. The crowd was silent, wide-eyed and on the edge of their seats as they wondered what end the Death Savant would bring to the ritual this time. A loud crack sounded through the stadium as blood and offal showered on the front rows of the stadium and the crowd erupted in cheering. Tossing the helmet, still containing the head, into the crowd Tzerck took a bow and left the stadium as two servants came to clean up the two feet that stood where but a minute before a full body had stood. Tzerck smiled to himself and said, "Truly it is better to be feared than loved."

Last edited by The Rogue Mage on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a spelling error)
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 am

((Btw this is an original RP so please just go where you want with it. Oh aaannnnnddd My story was kinda dark sorry... didnt realize it would come out that dark. Hope you enjoyed it))
Back to top Go down
Diana
Official champion
Official champion
Diana

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 am

((Nice job, would it be ok if i could join in?))
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 am

(( of course Very Happy I'd really like everyone to show up! Smile Just you know basic roleplay rulesand all.. Oh and If you intend to claim another kingdom please show what makes em uunique, like the miasma in mine.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Official champion
Official champion
Diana

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 am

(Ok but I still don't get the background so there are kingdoms and where and why again is tzerck fighting, sorry I have read over it a few times can you just fill me in a bit more on the lore, Thanks))
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 am

(( that's fine Very Happy Tzerck is fighting in a large coliseum found in the kingdom of Myrthril the Succession ritual is a mostly biyearly contest in order to see whether the ruler will stay the same or be replaced that year. So Tzerck is fighting in this ritual because he needs to keep his throne.
Should I write another one on Myrthril's lore in full?))
Back to top Go down
Diana
Official champion
Official champion
Diana

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am

((Sorry it is hard to type this all out on my phone seeing the fact it just deleted everything... .-. So I will write it out once Iget on my computer tomorrow, sorry. ))
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:58 am

(( no need to apologize! I'm on my phone right bow so I know exactly how annoying it can be.))
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm

(( I'm kinda interested =3=, do you have all the kingdoms planned out? and is there a limit to the technical advancements of this world? ))
Back to top Go down
https://leagueofig.forumotion.com
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 am

((Well not at all xD see i only planned out my kingdom and all that I just wanted 6 others who felt up to the challenge of laying the ground work for theyre kingdoms Very Happy idk hahaha I just want other's creativity to go into this and not just my own. And as for tech advcmnts, I would really like for theyre to be a balance in the kingdoms. For example, since my kingdom excels at magic they won't have much in the ways of technology. So a society with huge laser beams would be almost completely inept at magic. There can also be inbetweeners, cities with an average skill with both but inferior to purists in that aspect. Does that all make sense?))
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:00 am

(( I think so, how's this? ;o))

The kingdom of Subterra is a set of tunnels and massive rings burrowed deep within the earth. Getting in to the Kingdom is difficult, but there are a series of caves that lead in to
underground labyrinths which if navigated correctly, will lead you to the outmoast "Ring" of the Kingdom, as it is made up of multiple rings.

The people of Subterra are called the Subterum, they are humanoid, and weather they are just humans who chose to cut themselves off from society is unknown. there skin is pale do to the lack of natural sunlight they get.

The Subterum are magically inept, the few born with magical abilities are immediately taken from there family and trained in the arts of Geomancy, and are taken to the core to serve as messengers
And protectors to the political figures of Subterra.

While magic is not Subterra's pride, it is it's resources, it is common for them to export there rare jewels to the surface, while keeping the more precious metals and ore for themselves.
With these exotic metals they can forge far stronger equipment, and even war machines than most Kingdoms.

As explained, Subterra is compiled of "rings" each serving a purpose.

The outer ring is home of Subterra's military might, and defenses, without proper permission one would find
it nearly impossible to enter. The ring is designed to give the Subterums a tactical and defensible positions from outsiders.

Below that ring, is where they prepare there exporting, and importing, and where most of the labor and other work takes place, Forging and building, be it for military or
exploration needs.

In the lowest planes of Subterra, where no light, not even artificial is permitted to be, is the void, a small ring where the Geomancers lurk, the only ones permitted at this point is
Subterras political party and ruler, as well as there Geomancer guards.

And lastly, the core, a spherical shaped room that works as the throne to a king no one has seen, or physically heard from in a very long time, his word and will is delivered by only the geomancers.
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 pm

(( that's AWESOME!! I hope you don't mind if I copy that idea and give some background about my kingdom as well! It makes for a really really good template for introductions!))
Back to top Go down
Ezreal
Admin
Admin
Ezreal

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 am

(( I'm glad you like it, and you can do as you please with the Idea, I try to add something a little different if I can, I thought a kingdom that has alienated itself from the rest of the world may be interesting, and offer (most likely my character) the opportunity to explore and attempt to get to know your worlds other inhabitance better Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Elise
Official champion
Official champion
Elise

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 3:22 am

((we need to have a water kingdom ^.^))
Back to top Go down
The Rogue Mage
Official champion
Official champion
The Rogue Mage

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:04 pm

(( go for it :3))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ripples in a Pond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples in a Pond   Ripples in a Pond I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripples in a Pond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
League of IG :: Role Playing :: Original/other fan RP-
Jump to: